Sometimes I want to bake treats that will make the people who eat them think I’m awesome.
Sometimes I want to set things on fire.
S’more cupcakes satisfy all three of these criteria. These cupcakes are a project (albeit not a difficult one), there was lots of fire involved, and I think I achieved a solid level of awesomeness. One person actually said these were the best cupcakes he’d ever had. I’m going to go out on a limb and say they’re almost bakery-worthy – these things are that good.
While I adapted the proportions and a few ingredients, all credit for this concept goes to Cookies and Cups. The cupcakes, the icing and the assembly are all from them, so go take a look. For the chocolate cupcakes and marshmallow icing, see this post.
|More melted chocolate…||Ta da!|
- 3/4 c crushed graham crackers
- 8 graham crackers for garnish
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp margarine or butter, melted
- 2 large Cadbury Dairymilk bars (about 200g of chocolate)
- 1 c mini marshmallows
- Chocolate cake batter
- 1 batch of marshmallow icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line muffin tins with liners.
- Combine graham crackers, melted butter and sugar in a bowl. Spoon evenly into muffin cups (about one tbsp in each). Press to form crust.
- Bake crusts for 5 minutes.
- Spoon cake batter into cups (about 2 tbsps in each).
- Bake 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler (or in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time on 50% power).
- Spoon approximately one tbsp of chocolate onto each cupcake, using the back of the spoon to spread it out. Reserve a few tbsps of chocolate for drizzling on top of the icing.
- Place cupcakes in the fridge until chocolate sets (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from fridge and pipe with icing.
- Drizzle remaining chocolate over icing (reheat chocolate if necessary).
- Toast marshmallows with a kitchen torch, or spread on a baking sheet and broil for 15 seconds. (Watch carefully – they toast quickly!)
- Use a large knife to cut graham crackers into quarters.
- Garnish cupcakes with marshmallows and graham crackers.
Adapted from Cookies and Cups.