I made these a while ago… so long ago that I have no idea where I got the recipe. I have the hand-written recipe (which means it came from the internet, because I am too lazy to print recipes I get online), with the temperature, time to bake, and the word “muffins” scrawled in the corner. I feel like it probably came from Allrecipes but I can’t find anything similar… so here it is, credit-less. Thank you, mysterious internet recipe-sharer. I adapted your muffins, and they were good.
|Pumpkin Spice Muffins|
- 1 + 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 + 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 1 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c + 2 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine pumpkin, brown sugar, buttermilk and egg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, gently stirring to combine.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, each about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 16-19 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
I used real buttermilk for this – I have used the milk and lemon juice substitution in the past, but not with this recipe, so I’m not sure if that would work.