This dessert was a big hit and was super easy since it just had to sit in the fridge until we were ready for it. We served it after Easter dinner, but we then also ate it on a Tuesday night. Fancy, or not fancy, it’s just super delicious. I should also point out that it’s a great crowd pleaser, since by omitting the crust, it is also a gluten-free dessert, which accommodated all our guests without making a separate dessert. But to those with milk intolerance, my heart goes out to you. I know the pain of missing out on cheesecake due to food sensitivity, but you can’t win ‘em all of the time.
It’s adapted from My Baking Addiction, a great site with lots of wonderful ideas for desserts and other baked goodies that I follow.
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1 tub of whipped dessert topping (Cool Whip or No Name brand), thawed
- 3/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Combine the melted butter and the cookie crumbs in a small bowl and stir well until crumbs appear to be saturated.
- Press crumbs into small dishes to form the crust. Depending on the size of your dishes, this will make between 4-6 crusts. This made 6 of the ramekins shown above.
- Using an electric mixer or hand mixer, combine cream cheese and Nutella.
- Once well combined, add the whipped topping and continue to mix until it is all one colour and there are no streaks left.
- Spoon or pipe the Nutella mixture on top of the crust. I initially piped mine but found I preferred to smooth the top.
- Let sit in the fridge uncovered for minimum 2 hours and up to over night.
- Top with whip cream, chocolate shavings or any other desired garnish.
Originally from My Baking Addiction
*When I finally tried Nutella straight out of the jar, I believe my words were “Oh My God, Where have you been all my life?!”