I started going to the gym about three times a week, starting about a month ago. My arms are getting some nice muscle tone, and my cardio endurance is up. I weighed myself today and found I had actually gained weight since starting the gym. I told myself that I weigh more because I’m gaining muscle. But now that I’m writing this post, I’m starting to question the actual source of weight gain.
Muscle mass or Nutella Brownie Cups?
Little bit of column A, little bit of column B.
Guess I better hit the gym.
|Nutella Brownie Cups|
- 1/2 half cup Nutella
- 2 tbsp canola oil (vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees/F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric mixer or a wooden spoon, combine the oil, Nutella, sugar and egg. Beat well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into six equal parts.
- Place one portion into a muffin tin and press the dough up the sides, ensuring even distribution throughout the tin.
- Repeat with the other five portions of dough into each tin.
- Bake for approximately 9-10 minutes or until cup has risen up the sides and the dough cracks slightly and the edges are firm.
- Remove from oven and immediately press the dough back around the muffin tin to reshape the cup. During the baking the dough will have puffed up losing some of the cup shape however it is easily pressed back into shape. I used a shot glass wrapped in plastic wrap for an even shape, but even just using a spoon to reshape it will help.
- Let cool completely and then remove from the pan.
- Fill with your favourite ice cream or fruit. We chose Raspberry Cheesecake ice cream.